I’ve tried and tested this great recipe designed by Nutritional Therapist, Jane McClenaghan from Vital Nutrition and I can highly recommend! It’s so nutritious and quick to make – perfect for a Friday tea.
Ingredients (serves 2 – although I had plenty for 2 adults and 2 children )
- 1 dsp coconut oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, spiralised
- 225g bag of frozen prawns
- 50g fresh beansprouts
- 3 scallions, chopped
For the sauce
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilli
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 lemongrass stalk, core chopped
- 15g unsalted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- A generous handful of fresh coriander (save a little for garnish)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 inch piece root ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Blend all the sauce ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Using a spiraliser (or vegetable peeler) make courgette noodles.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok and add the curry paste. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk then add the prawns to the sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Add the pepper and courgette and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the beansprouts and scallions.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with chopped coriander and lime wedges.
To find out more about Jane’s work visit her website found at http://www.vital-nutrition.co.uk or follow Vital Nutrition on Facebook where you will find lots more wonderful recipes and expert knowledge.